1 loaf french bread, cut into 1" slices
16 oz Ground Turkey
3 Chipotle peppers, diced (from can)
1 tbsp Black Pepper
11/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
4-8 slices Turkey Bacon, cut in half
Colby or Pepper-jack Cheese
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1/2 med onion, diced
2 tbsp. Chili Powder
2 tsp Adobo sauce from Chipotles
1 tbsp Garlic Power
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
2 egg yolks
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 250F
- Cook bacon until done. Set aside. Reserve any drippings.
- Mix everything except cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, oil, bread and bacon in bowl. Mix well.
- Form into 4-6 patties for burgers, 6-8 for sliders.
- Add olive oil to drippings in pan. Heat oil.
- Add burgers to pan making sure not to overcrowd. Cook until well browned on both sides and 165F.
- Remove patties from pan, place on baking sheet, top with sliced cheese, place in oven until cheese melts.
- Top bread with mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon and burger.